First let me tell you that there is no decision yet. There. Now you can relax and read on.
I spent an hour on the phone with a CA adoption attorney. The one I mentioned yesterday. She ONLY does contested adoptions, and apparently she has a "stellar reputation." This lady is KNOWN.
Anyway. A lot of our conversation was positive, but, there are some concerns. She has requested our files from both our NC attorney and our birth mother's CA attorney. She also had us email her a bunch of stuff. She is going to review it all.
We have another phone appointment on Friday (Thursday for most of you). It is this conversation where she will give me her "prognosis." She does not take cases she is not confident that she can win. So, if she DOES take our case, she is pretty darn sure we will win it. If she does not take our case, then we will be bringing the twins back to the states.
There is a lot of other stuff going on in the side lines. If we pursue this, there may be a trial, so for that reason, I will leave the legal details and the possibilities and the (crazy) goings on, out of the blog. (Hey, but, I'll put it in my book when this is all over!)
What does this mean?
It seems to me (and I have been wrong more than a million times over the past eight months) that we will have a decision on Friday.... Push on with confidence or realize that we "lost."
That being said...... I think we're "OK."
I couldn't really swallow our decision to not pursue this in CA.... even though our reasons were more than perfect..... I just didn't have full peace about it. When I don't have peace, I end up paralyzed.
This has given me peace.
If we do pursue this - we go confidently - knowing that God will provide the funding. (And - by that - I mean you will likely see a "DONATE HERE" button appear on this blog!)
If we do not pursue this then we can sleep at night with the thought that maybe it was not meant to be. There have been countless times in my life where I think I know how the story ends, and I'm wrong. There have been times that I've begged the Lord for something and He has told me no, and in the end, I thanked Him for not granting my request.
I feel that this - all of this - will give us determination or peace and closure.
No matter how the story ends.
As always, I thank you for your continued prayers and support.
xo
K.
2 comments:
Still praying and praying and praying. Love you!!!! xoxoxox
Lots of prayers. LOTS. You need some direction and some peace from this crazy roller coaster. I pray that you have more answers and not a bunch more questions by week's end.
Hang in there. God is with you. (but you know that already!)
Post a Comment