I just finished the final touches on tomorrow's desserts.
The tree is lit.
Candles are burning.
I have a (very old) Amy Grant Christmas Album playing.
I've poured myself a glass of red wine.
I keep holding back waves of emotions. Overwhelming joy and peace and..... thankfulness.
OK. Scratch that. I'm not holding back anymore. Tears are rolling down my face as I type this.
J is all smiles today. So. Happy.
The twins eyes are brilliant in their brightness.
When afternoon nap was over, all three children sat down at the table to enjoy Christmas cookies for their snack.
I sat at the table with them, watching as they ate their cookies.
I don't really know how to articulate my feelings. It was more than I have ever felt. I don't mean more love necessarily, because I have that crazy, I can't describe it kind of love for T.
It was different.
It was thankful love.
It was THANK YOU LORD, FOR THIS MOMENT kind of love.
It was even more than that. It was just.... overwhelming.
We ordered pizza and chicken tenders for dinner. The kids will be going to bed in an hour or so.... Then T and I will wrap presents and place them under the tree.
Presents for our sugar plums.
We already got what we asked for, for Christmas.
Here are a few fun photos from yesterday.... (A friend helped us with our first "twists")
xo
K.
---8:35 PM UPDATE---
Our dear friend P made these stockings for the children, as a gift for their "first" Christmas..... Aren't they THE MOST beautiful stockings you've ever seen?
Thank you P. We. Love. Them.
xo
K.
3 comments:
LOVE it.. those stockings are gorgeous!! It is midnight there right now - you are fast asleep! Merry Christmas!! Have the BEST day!!!! WOW!!
i love the twists - and i love this christmas!
-r
GORGEOUS stockings.
The twists. Um.
I love your Christmas Eve bliss.
And I love you.
Post a Comment