Tuesday, August 10, 2010

truth and justice

I have been smiling since about 4:30.

It is hard to post about today, because there is so much that happened.

Each day our court time was scheduled for 1:30-4:30...... Today, like most of the other days, we actually ENTERED the court room at about 3PM.

A, (K3's mom) finished her testimony.

Then we had closing arguments from our attorney, the twins attorneys, and K3's attorney.

Then our judge, made his ruling.

AFTER he shared some of his thoughts.




So, allow me to back track....

A's testimony was basically answering the judge's questions.

And they were good questions.....

mostly about how she raised HER son (K3),

and how she planned to raise (and support) M and K2......

I'm not ready to discuss everything here yet..... (wait for the book)..... for now I'll say that..... it wasn't about THEM (the twins) at all, for K3's mom A.

All the attorneys (except for K3's attorney) adamantly stated that the best interest of the twins was to be placed with T and me.

They went through the facts,

and the testimonies of K3 and A,

and what they witnessed in T and me and in their meetings with the twins.

Oh, and that report that HAD to be done last week (last minute) that K3 had to be interviewed for (or HIS attorney would have had it dismissed)????

It was quoted today,

over and over,

in our favor.

The closing arguments were amazing (good).

K3's attorney really had no argument because the law was clear and couldn't be argued. So, he said a lot of things like "my client feels"...... "it is my client's position that".........

Then our judge made his clear and thoughtful judgement and ruling.

Termination of parental rights for K3.

The judge actually choked on his words and got teary (does this usually happen???) when he talked about T's testimony....

This clear cut, military guy, who is used to briefing and saying things how they are.......

This guy that couldn't really articulate clearly when it came to talking about his heart,

and his kids,

and his relationship with his daughter......

because how do you "brief" about that?

T couldn't.

How can you?

Our judge shared his heart,

and his opinion,

about K3,

about A,

and about T and me.

And then he ruled in our favor.

What does this mean?

It means that the hard part is over.

This can be appealed, and as it stands now, K3 is planning on appealing the judge's ruling.

So, IF he does, it could be another year before the adoptions are final.

But.

As of today, K3's rights HAVE BEEN terminated.

There is no good reason worth an appeal (they went through our case with a fine tooth comb).

If it is appealed, we will win that as well.

So, we're talking some more time,

and some more money,

but, ultimately?

Victory.

I want to add that my Brother - in - Law was watching Narnia with our Niece and Nephew today...... I highly recommend watching the last 20 minutes or so of the movie..... take notice of the parallels it has with today's events.

Thank you for your prayers.

Pray without ceasing until the completion of M and K2's finalization.

Forever thankful,

to each of you.

xo
K.

15 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so happy your happy ending is within sight.

hlescamilla said...

I have been gone all day and on pins and needles wondering, hoping, praying for something wonderful. I am thrilled about the events of today! Love and hugs!!!

Alexine Thompson-de Benoit said...

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, and Yessssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

Again, PRAISE GOD!

And I'm assuming that no visitation/contact was ordered?

elizsharp said...

YEAH!!! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to share the news with my mom!

Richele said...

So goose-pimply and excited and a little bit out of words. Answered prayers, so many answered prayers. We love you guys!

Jennifer said...

I can't stop crying. I am so overwhelmingly (is that even a word..i don't care :) ) overjoyed for you. God is soooo Great!! Now enjoy them babies like you should, Mom ;)

DeltaWhiskey said...

Oh. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly happy I am. I cry the biggest, fattest tears of joy for you two today.

Marguerite said...

So happy for you all!! God is good! Praising Him for His faithfulness.... and yours! :)

jeannaps said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"What a mighty God we serve,
What a mighty God we serve,
Angels bow before Him,
Heaven and earth adore Him,
What a mighty GOD we serve!!!

Jeanna

ps Are you guys coming to Bragg??? Saw you go on post housing.

Anonymous said...

YES! Prayers have certainly been answered! So happy for your whole wonderful family!!

xo
Jeanne

Unknown said...

No words to express my joy for you and your family. Truly. Miss giving you a great big hug and a big margaurita. Much love to all of you.

Jenn Simpson-Gross said...

just read the past two months in about 15 minutes. Can't stop the tears (happiness).

Blessings....

sigh....

SeaViews said...

This news had made my day, no my week!! Praise Him. Oh man, this is so good to read. Wow.

Unknown said...

Just catching up on your blog and your life. so happy for you. all is as it should be. i love that t ironed your dress. That should get submitted into evidence!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...