Friday, August 13, 2010

is it wrong

to laugh at your kids?

We had a long (and uneventful) day/night of travel from CA to NC.

We were taken, in all our glory, to LAX, by our Brother in Law R and dear friend B.

What a sight we were...... 9 bags to check, plus two car seats and a booster seat, plus a double jogger stroller.... and a dog, two carry on's, my "purse" (which was another carry on), three backpacks and three lunch boxes.

When we landed in NC we were picked up by our "Mom and Dad" W and M.... They had stayed the night up near the airport so that they could readily get us at 6AM...

Did I say 6?

I MEANT 7:30...... because THAT is how long it took us to actually get out of the airport with all of our crap. I mean stuff. And ourselves. And our dog.

W had lots of things ready and waiting for us.... yogurt and crackers for the kids (which they hungrily ate up) and groceries for us to use while we stay at the WONDERFUL (ahem) "Extended Stay" hotel we're at.......

Our flight took off at 10:15 PST and landed at 6AM EST..... and the kids slept..... MAYBE two hours total.... two hours of what should have been their BEDTIME sleeping.... which is usually about twelve hours......

They did very well today - especially considering they were going on no sleep.

T and I didn't sleep more than maybe 30 minutes...

Where was I?

Right.

The laughing.

Lunch was easy, easy because W had also packed up everything we needed for PB&J.

Dinner was easy, easy because Dominoes brought it right to our door (at the hotel).

Unfortunately for M, she just didn't make it.

Literally.

T and I stood in our "kitchenette" eating our pizza laughing hysterically at M who was falling asleep - IN - her pizza. At one point she actually fell asleep with the plate in her mouth.

It was nice to end this day with a good, hearty laugh.

It was wonderful to physically HUG W and M....

I also had a GREAT phone call with my dear friend S, who I haven't spoken with in way too long..... and we're actually in the same time zone now..... which hasn't happened since...... 2003 or so.

Alrighty....
Here's a visual for you.....



xo
K.

6 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the EAST COAST baby! Poor little M... love the pic !!! I would have laughed too... love it.

hlescamilla said...

Love it...laugh away!!! Glad you all made it in one piece.

Jill said...

Oh, bless her sweet heart!!! Glad you all made it safe and sound! Been thinking of you and your family now for weeks and praying that things were okay. THANK YOU for allowing me to follow along. CONGRATS on your recent good (GREAT!) news, and I will continue to pray that things are all resolved quickly, and that those sweet kids can finally be called yours forever!!!

Karyn said...

Love it. I love K's expression too. And no, it's not wrong to laugh at your kids. Or if it is, I am heartily guilty. Much love to all y'all. <3

Jennifer said...

I have 2 littles who have fallen asleep in their dinners many times...and yep I laugh. :)

Richele said...

Love it!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...