Sunday, August 8, 2010

waking up

Sometimes I just wake up off,

and down.

and tired,

and overwhelmed.

This morning was one of those mornings.

I was on the verge of tears, with a short fuse, kind of in a zone.... off in a far away place.

It's Sunday.

That's a good thing.

T, the kids and I headed off to church.....

My Sister E and her family belong to a GREAT church here.

Worship was awesome and peace immediately took over.....

It was communion Sunday here.

Typically this is a standard, once a month thing.

While I do try to really concentrate on what I'm partaking in,

sometimes it's hard....

when the words are the same each month.

Today was different.

The speaker reminded us that Jesus prayed....

He prayed that the Lord would spare Him the cup of His wrath....

'if there is any other way we can do this..... please, let's do it THAT way....

not this way.....'

and the Lord said "no."

Because it HAD to be done THAT way for it to work out the way it needed to work out.

When we took communion I thanked God for all the times He's said no to me.

I am starting to believe, and hope to hold on to,

my "no's."

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...