Saturday, December 12, 2009

Light of the World

Yesterday I wrote about the profiles adoptive couples put together. I didn't mention that T and I also included a DVD in our first few batches of profiles. We were limited when it came to the number of photos we could put in our booklet. We thought that by adding a DVD, our (future) birth mother could get a deeper look into who we are. It was a slide show full of family, friends, activities we love and places we've traveled. The back ground music was me singing "Here I am to Worship."

This morning at the end of worship, the children from Sunday School classes came out and sang two songs.

The first song was one I had never heard of. It had lots of cute hand motions though.

Hands on the head with fingers in the air (KING).

Arms straight up with hands making blinks, blinks, blinks (STARS).

Cradling arms swinging back and forth, back and forth (BABY JESUS).

The second song was "Here I am to Worship".

Isn't God cool?

Over a year ago I was singing in the background as our profile was passed around from birth mother to birth mother.

This morning I listened as my son (remembering that J's adoption is final) sang that very song.....

xo
K.

"Here I am to Worship", lyrics (minus the bridge... or refrain... not sure what it's called)....

Light of the world,
You stepped down into darkness.
Opened my eyes,
let me see.
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you

Here I am to worship,
here I am to bow down,
here I am to say that you're my God
You're altogether lovely,
altogether worthy,
altogether wonderful to me.

King of all days,
oh, so highly exalted.
Glorious in heaven above.
Humbly you came
to the earth you created
All for love's sake became poor.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...