I spoke with our new attorney and she feels we have a strong case. We are going to go for it in the hopes of finalizing the adoptions of both M and K.
We will need your prayers everyday. Not only do we have a contesting birth father and an intervening grandmother, we have a birth mother who wavers on a regular basis.
I need to clarify something.... so we are clear.
I respect our birth mother and her selfless decision. What she did, when she placed her children for adoption, is something to be honored and valued, not to be judged.
That being said, she is not a reliable source of ...... much...... for us as far as the legal battle ahead. So we need to win this "alone"..... meaning, we cannot count on her to help us with statements and testimonies, etc...
Here is a biggie. We have no idea where the rest of the money will come from. We have a retainer due that we have about 1/2 of. T is checking out options to get a cash advance of some sort. We need to pay the retainer, in full, and wire it in when we send in our signed contract.
I feel that God is going to provide the finances for our fight through all of you and people you know and friends of friends and anybody and everybody. We will do our part, spending less, saving, looking for ways to cut back, etc. We also need your help.
Please consider making a donation. Nothing is too small, it will all add up. We will put everything towards successfully adopting M and K.
There is a "donate" button, over and up to the right.....
Happy (very) Holidays -
from the five of us.
xo
K.
5 comments:
YEYYYYYYYYY I am SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT SHE WOULD TAKE THE CASE!! DO you have paypal?? How can I send you $$?
I love love love the part where you say you will do your part - I knew this - you didn't have to say it. You would have guilt about getting a fancy starbucks.. but, my dear... you better get yourself that fancy starbucks.
LOVE YOU!!!
I couldn't go to bed tonight without checking one last time for an update. This is fantastic news!! woo-hoo!!!!
So how do we send you money??!! I want to help you all. Shoot me an email or PM on FB with an address. I am soooo there!!!
woo-hoo!! God is great!!
I wish, with all of my heart, that we could send you money. What we can do is send you our prayers!
I know exactly the pain that you are going through right now. Please know I am lifting you and your family up in prayer. God will provide the money you need- I'm sure of it.
I kno you don't kno me but I jus got ur link from http://embracingchallenges.blogspot.com/2009/12/prayer-request.html I'm praying for you guys. And as soon as I am able to put money of my paypal account I wills ending money your way. It won't be alot but I'm sure anything will help.
Again i'm praying for you to bring your babies home.
Post a Comment