Friday, April 24, 2009

Our First Birthday!

Ok, it was our first but it was J's fifth.



Since our first meeting, J had always referred to Chuck-e-Cheese like it was Camelot. He had never been there but he was sure that it was the greatest place on earth and he absolutely had to go there someday. Today was his day, so we took him there before noon (IOW, before the germs began multiplying) along with Grandma and Grandpa.



We escaped CeC without tears (ours or theirs), and after naps it was time for running through the sprinklers.




This evening was topped off by cake and presents. J loved his presents from his aunties and uncles RI&Mi and Ei&Ru and his cousins. A big thanks from us as well!






8 comments:

Karyn said...

You did a -great- first birthday. Fifth. Whichever. :) Looks like lots of fun for everybody - my heart is exploding into little shards of love.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

HAPPINESS!!! NOTHING BETTER!!! What a great day... But I see someone has their MOUTH on the steering wheel at Chuck's... oh boy. I gasped... deep breath.. it is fine.. kids go there all the time and don't catch cholera... deep breath.. Ok, I am better. What a wonderful weekend.

Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spiderman.

K and T said...

So those are the lyrics - we've been making up our own!!!!

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I googled them... because I had been singing Spider Pig (simpsons movie reference) and I think that spiderman cake outdoes FRUIT any day of the week!!! J's like.. "what fruit?" haaaa

Karyn said...

Spiderman, Verse II :

Is he strong?
Listen bud
He's got radio-active blood
Can he swing form a thread
Take a look overhead
Look out!
Here comes the Spiderman!

(W. is preoccupied with the "radioactive blood" part. Which is the only reason I know this.)

Karyn said...

Also, what's IOW? I am totally down with anything relating to beating the multiplication of germs.

(If it helps, W. licked the pole on the bus in Disney World when he was 18 mos old. Mummy almost had a stroke as the bus collectively gasped and went "ewwwwwwwwwww"!)

K and T said...

IOW = "In other words". Sorry, I live in a live in a world of acronyms.

Being exposed to hearts which explode into love shards may have something to do with his affinity for radioactive blood. ;-)

- T

K and T said...

J LOVES fruit actually - he ate so many strawberries that he had no room for his ice cream cake!!! ha ha ha!!!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...