Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A new dawn, a new day.....

We spent last night organizing and consolidating.... We ended up with about four hours of sleep.... but, it's worth it to be starting out fresh and organized.

T ran out to turn in our (sort of trashed) minivan, and to get a "new" rental that we will drive cross country.

I don't think any of this has hit me yet.

I do know this.

I don't think I've seen T this happy in about six years. Even though he's exhausted, there is a light in his eyes. In the midst of this crazy chaos, T remains calm, positive, and - happy.

He also has confidence in me as a Mom, which is something that will really push me forward, convincing me, that I can do this. T is my rock that way. If he says I can do it, then I know I can.

"T" (birth mom) just sent me a text that read "Good Morning".......So strange all of this.... A Mom handing off her most prized possessions, to another Mom... completely trusting her to care for them. That is huge.

I told her I'd make her proud.

I told her that her children will have everything that she's ever wished for them.

I told her that I will love them completely, until the day I die.

And.

I will.

xo
K.

6 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

You have a phone that I can text????

Of COURSE you can do it... there is NO QUESTION!!!??? You can't mess it up!! You really can't!!

You won't... they are the luckiest little kids... EVER.... Ted will be the BEST dad... he will! He ISSS!!!

Marguerite said...

I'm so happy for you all! You are all so blessed to have eachother! Love you and praying for you!! xoxox

Karyn said...

I have chills ~ I know you will be, that you already ARE, the most amazing parents. T? Is so smart. Those kids? Are so fortunate. You two? Are phenomenal. Even if you ARE driving a minivan. (Hehe.) Are you heading to NC? xoxoxoxoxo

Anastasiya said...

Do I get you right? R u coming to F-nam? If so PLEASE call me I still have the same number. or at least e-mail me and make sure we meet! You have to see my baby too:)
Also, yes, you will get overwhelmed and freaked out. I do every day... You must be x3 freaked out and overwhelmed:) So take a deep breath and take it a moment at a time and know that you're grounded solid person because of Him. So it'll be alright and He will make it right. Good luck. and hope to see you some time! may be soon?

Ann Marie said...

You will be excellent parents! God will give you the grace and the wisdom handle it. We served an amazing God!

Love, Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

K- are you driving through Kansas? PLEASE you can stay at the house... Oh, God. I want to get in the van with you and go to NC I want to see you and T, the kids... I hope you're checking emails.

~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...