Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pushing the Noodle Uphill

Today we went to the NC attorney to sign more documents....its very similar to the home buying process. Lots of signatures in triplicate..even more so when doing it for three kids.

One of the things that we discovered is that the court needs the original birth certificates for the duration of the adoption process. Of course we also need them to get the kids entered into the military system as dependents. Of course we also need them to get passports for them. So, tomorrow we figure out how to tackle all of that.

One of our hurdles to overcome is the requirement for the kids to get a very basic physical exam to determine if they are in good enough health to go to Korea and to determine if any problems that they might have are treatable with the facilities available there. Since we are "just visiting", getting an appointment with a primary care practitioner was going to be problematic and untimely. Yesterday J and I were on post and happened to run into a friend from Group who just left battalion command. He immediately called his battalion surgeon and is getting us seen tomorrow morning "under the radar". It was often preached in Group that we were a "family business". It's great to see that even though we left the unit in August 2006, the ties endure. Good people to have next to you.

-T

2 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

nice... pull those strings... you deserve it! THREE kids!!

Anastasiya said...

I'm glad things are working out for you. Haven't checked your blog for couple days.... slacking, I know;). So welcome to NC! Sounds like you have lots of things going on and staying very busy. I do go back to work 4/13 (coming up Monday) so if you have a moment to catch your breath may be we can meet up in a park before this week runs out? I do have a big back yard too, remember?! Anyway, call me:) Let me know if you need anything. I'll try to help out too:)

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...