Sunday, January 31, 2010

let the words of my mouth

and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

The world we live in, technology wise, has changed so much in the past few years. This has been a conversation topic between some friends and me over the past few weeks.

We have email, blogs, facebook and the list goes on and on....

I follow a few blogs now. I followed (only) two before we started our own. I have "met" a lot of people through this blog, and now, I am somewhat linked into their lives.

Last week I was reading a blog I have started to follow, and the author of the blog was attacked by one of her commenters. Attacked is a strong word, I agree, and I am using it correctly. This woman started a blog, like we did, to keep people in the loop. Her blog is followed by a lot of people now. People she does not know, included. (like me for example). This particular woman (who made a few comments) decided that the author of the blog needed to know her opinion of things. Things she did not fully understand because no matter how open we all seem to be on line.... We are not FULLY who we are, on line. The woman who made the comments does NOT know the author of the blog personally, she does not have all the facts.

I read people's facebook status and a lot of the time it just doesn't seem real to me. It seems to be put out there so that others seeing it, draw a specific conclusion.

For the most part, when I read comments on our blog, I am encouraged. I am thankful I have not had some anonymous person make a rude statement to me or about me. I do receive comments though, about how strong I am. I want you guys to know that I am not as strong as I appear to be on this blog. Any strength I DO have is not my own, it is the Lord's. I cannot stress that enough.

None of this - is my strength.

Another thing? I fail daily as a Mom. Daily. I don't know that I've ever gone to bed thinking "Wow, today was a great day, these kids are sure blessed to have me."

I don't say ANY of this so that I will receive comments like "No, no, really, you ARE fantastic!" I SAY this because I want YOU all to know, that you're just as strong as I am. We can ALL be strong in Christ.

I think the internet can be a dangerous thing. We all just need to be careful. We need to keep things in perspective.

The expression "If it looks too good to be true, then it is." or maybe it's "If it sounds too good...." - regardless - it's a common expression for a reason ..... People may come across as having everything together, especially on line. I would venture to guess that it's not true all that often.

I would like to challenge each of you to look at yourselves, and remind yourselves just how strong you are. We've all gone through things, and we've all come out to the other side.

Are there scars?

Sure.

Did we (all) make it?

We sure did.

xo
K.

(P.S. We have a scheduled phone call with our attorney tomorrow, I will let you know if there is any news to report).

7 comments:

mumbro1982 said...

Hi kid, I can tell that you know we all fail daily. I am not any particular religion or faith but I can say, perfection is only in God and even his son had moments of doubt in him. I do the best I can at the moment. No one can ask more than that of you.

WheelbarrowRider said...

Do you mind emailing me? My email is on my site. I have a friend who is thinking of adopting a 3 year old with a difficult past (mother with disabilties, abuse, etc). Any resources, advice, if you would be willing to email her at all? Anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for considering this. I know you are crazy busy!

DeltaWhiskey said...

Oh honey. The great thing about knowing YOU as I do... in person... being there as you shed tears and grabbing you to exude comfort into you... it just reinforces how wonderful you are (to me). Maybe I'm completely off base and taking this the wrong way... but what *I* see, when I look at *you* IS a strong person. A person of great wisdom, faith and control. I know, when I look at you, that I AM seeing a strong person who is wonderful. We're our own worst critics. What you see as failing, I might perceive as learning a lesson. Geez, this is more like rambling... but it's just my way of saying... I love you. I think you're wonderful.

DeltaWhiskey said...

and... I happen to think... those kiddos are the luckiest kiddos ever.

tge said...

You may not think you're strong, and I may not be allowed to say, "but you are!"; however, you exude strength in your thoughtfulness, in the way you carefully express what you're feeling. The ability to share your weaknesses is a strength.

Richele said...

you KNOW i go to sleep with i just survived another day thoughts ... not, i did a good job today.

i think it is in those little failures that we grow and learn ...

hugz.

cuzinM said...

I am continually astonished that God sees us as we really are and loves us anyway! And that, in Christ He died for us still! Those kids ARE blessed to have you because You and T are vehicles of God's grace to them. When I read your blog, I see God's strength living in you. It is such an encouragement to my own faith to see His Hand so powerfully moving in your life in the midst of and yet because of so much difficulty. His Grace is sufficient even if we don't always feel it.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...