Friday, January 15, 2010

the best and the worst

I feel like motherhood brings out my very best and, unfortunately, my very worst.

Today was a rough day.

It started out with conversations with our attorney. Our birth mother is now, fully, against the adoption. She has been hot and cold from day one. Truthfully, this has nothing to do with us or the adoption. It is simply the way she is wired. It was an awful way to start the day, and although I tried to shake it, it really wore on me.

Our attorney still thinks that we are fine, and that we will win in the end. Everyone is in agreement that our birth mother really does not want the children back..... she is just..... wired differently.

I'm being kind.

And purposefully vague.

Anyway...... We continued the day with potty training. Truthfully, I don't even know if I can call it that. We had success on the toilet, and they went through almost all the underwear.

I'm beginning to think I may have started too young. Our twins are still in the repeat the last word of the sentence/question phase.

ie:

Do you have to go potty?
Potty.
Pee?
Pee.
Do you have a poopy?
Poopy.
Do you have to poop?
Poop.
Yes?
Yes.
Do you have to poop, yes or no?
No.
No?
No.
No poop?
Poop.

See how this can get frustrating?

I'm in it now, so I'm sticking with it. It may take a little bit longer than I originally thought it would though.

M had a horrible. HORRIBLE. HOOOORRRRRIIIBBBLLLLLEEEEE day. Like IamtwoandIamnotgoingtodoanythingyouaskmetodotoday.

That kind of day.

J also had a bad day.

Hence the whole bringing out the worst in me thing.

We capped the night off with K2 running full speed into the desk. He clipped himself on the corner of it, RIGHT beside his eye, and it started to swell right away. Poor little guy.

Good Grief.

Thank the Lord for A New Day tomorrow.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Trails of Grace said...

ahhh yes a new beginning! Hang in there.. it always takes longer than we have planned or anticipated!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...