Saturday, January 16, 2010

a fresh start

Friday I talked with my "mom" W. She was asking how the money end of things is going. I let her know where we are at, and what I know is ahead (namely the hearing in March). I said that at this point I've accepted the fact that God wants us to trust Him as we take each step. That I highly doubt we will have this big nest egg to pull from, or that we will have an overflowing bank account, knowing no matter what, the money is right there. He wants us to trust in Him to provide.

My actual mother, who is with the Lord (or "LAHD" as we say in Massachusetts), used to have a little card on her mirror. It said simply: "Do not worry about tomorrow, God is already there."

How true.

Yesterday morning as I was showering, I began to mull over the finances..... OK, J's adoption is final, we should get some sort of tax credit with that, we already applied for the military thing we should be getting soon, when we get our tax return that should be a nice chunk..... I wonder how much the hearing is going to cost.....

I came downstairs to check email.

There were two more donations.

My eyes filled instantly.

Honestly, I wonder, will I ever walk in a place where I am at full and constant peace?

Full trust?

I know that with the Lord we have the ability to walk anxiety free.

Anxiety has been an issue with me for as long as I can remember. I have come a long way from where I was, but, I still let it suck me in sometimes.

I know that God doesn't want me jumping ahead, trying to make a plan B "just in case." HE has a plan. He's got it covered. He wants me to do my part, move forward, use the skills He's equipped me with, and mainly?

Trust Him.

I want to thank all of you, again, for your continued support. I have emailed everyone who has donated, if you didn't hear from me, please let me know, and I'll resend the emails.

OK, potty training update.

T took over yesterday while I was out doing errands, and the only accidents were poop accidents!!! K2 had one pee accident so far today (it's just after noon). Granted we're sitting them on the toilet about every 20 minutes. :)

Can I just say how much money this saves???? We were probably going through 12 diapers a day, plus the overnight diapers at bed time. That was on regular days.... FORGET days where the twins were "off" or not feeling well. (yuck)

I look at it this way.

I can do this now, while we are pretty much house bound due to the bitter cold weather.....

OR

I can wait until after our move next Summer, while we are living out of suitcases in hotels, trying to find our new home.

It may take longer because the twins are only 28 months old...... but, I think when it's behind us, I'll be happy to have it... well? Behind us.

Much love, and many thanks to all of you who are carrying us through ALL of this....

xo
K.

1 comment:

Karen Urbec said...

Kristin, You're such an inspiration, you have no idea! For real, girl!! You know I struggle with fears/worries, too, and God knows we have our reasons (and they're good reasons, too!), but it helps me to keep my wolves at bay when I read your blog and see how gracefully you are handling everything that's being thrown your way. I rarely comment, but I check in often, and this one brought tears to my eyes, so I had to write! Miss you and love you! Karen

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...