Wednesday, January 20, 2010

tides

I’m a big fan of the ocean. Anything and everything water actually. Maybe that’s why I’m feeling the way I am right now.

I feel like this whole process has been like tides and storms…..

Sometimes it’s like low tide (my favorite). Beautiful and calm, with little pools of happiness and peace….. I am in awe as I look out at low tide and can see for miles the beautiful, tiny sand mounds with the pools of water in between….. Just as I am in awe when I look at the children’s faces and lips and fingers and eyes and smiles…….

How is something so perfectly beautiful even possible?

Sometimes it’s like high tide. (fun to swim in) Kind of scary and intimidating but, do-able if you know how to swim and you time it right with the undertow. Stay smart and be careful and trust that you aren’t going to sink.

Of course we’ve had our share of stormy weather…. We need to get in our towers and brave the storm out knowing the Lord is our strong tower and He is there with us in the midst of the storm.

Even if it is scary.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Richele said...

i'm picturing you in goggles and little yellow water wings right now ...

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...