Saturday, January 2, 2010

this time

next year....

Do you find yourself thinking and wondering about that? (This time next year)

I KNOW some of you do. Some of you who are in a holding pattern, like us.

T and I packed up all the Christmas decorations yesterday. As I packed I wondered where we would be living "this time next year"....

We are pretty sure we will be on the south east coast. Of course, Hi. I didn't know that Korea was even a possibility, and here we are. (And I'm glad)

I wondered if T will be HOME next Christmas. I wondered if he will be deployed. (For those of you who don't know, T is active duty Army)

I wondered the biggie. WIll we have finalized by this time next year?

Will all of "this" be behind us?

What will life feel like?

I'm not in a constant state of this wondering..... it came and it went.

I'm more in a state of - crap - 1/2 day schedule for T is over this weekend.... He'll be back to a full and busy schedule Monday, and I'll be doing a lot more daily stuff than I have been doing these past two weeks.

I'm trying to really live each day.

That's hard, isn't it?

I'm trying to absorb every moment.

Like when K2 runs up and grabs my leg, hugs it, then takes off, running down the hall.

Or.

When M says "whatareyoudoingmom?" (or something very close to that).

Or.

Watching J blossom into such a happy, whole, child. These past two weeks, having him home from school, have been wonderful. He is SO happy when he's with us.

He is just....... good.

Blessings to each of you this next year. It will be a wonderful year.

For everyone.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Funny you bring this up. I thought the same things as I was packing up our Christmas decs. Will we be in the same place? (we own or own home but are renting til the market is better to sell) Will we be paper ready for another adoption? Will we be done?
You obviously have WAY more to wonder about than I do...but I get ya!

Lori said...

Always. As I took down Matthew's first Christmas ornament I thought, "What about next year?" I just found out that even if we "win" he could appeal and it would take an additional ten months (ish). SO, I guess we could be in the very same place. Or I could pull it out and praise God that M is legally ours. Or...I could pull it out and feel the wrenching pain of having lost him all over again. "Where will we be this time next year..."

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...