Wednesday, February 3, 2010

checking in

I don't really have any earth shattering updates. I do have little tidbits.... Like...

It looks like our "new" home study is complete or near completion, which is good.

We spoke w/J2, our CA attorney and she is moving things right along, and remains very confident about our case. I'm learning more and more about the process. It looks like there will be several hearings before finalization - there MAY be a trial, I don't know what would determine if we will or won't have one. I think the first hearing is mainly appointing attorneys. (We have ours, but, appointing all the FREE attorneys to various other people). There will be another hearing where I think there will be a formal "contesting" of the adoption. Then there will be a hearing that T and/or I will need to go to.... That is where, and this is good, the actual "best interest of the children" will come in to play.

FINALLY right????

The potty training is going well - I think. M still cries when it's time to poop. She tells me she's ALL DONE ALL DONE MOMMMMMM ALL DONE until she (finally) goes. Her record time is pooping w/in 15 minutes of being on the potty! WooHoo! K2 has decided that instead of one major movement for the day, he'd like to push out little turdlets every time he pees. :) So, that's his deal and I'm fine with that. We haven't had poop in the panties/underwear for over a week or so, maybe more, maybe it's two weeks.... I really don't know, my life is a blur. I need to start bumping up the time b/t toilet breaks.... The longest stretch has been one hour, and today was the first time we stretched it that far.

We've started a chart system for J to earn points. One thing I will say is I'm learning many different ways to communicate. I'm determined to work through things and get through - all of us intact - to the other side.

'Keep the prayers coming, they are carrying us through all of this.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Richele said...

thanks for the tidbits!

this must be so ... trying for you guys, i hope the positive progress helps your spirits.

great job on the potty-training, mom! i hear the poo-part is the trickiest.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

LOVE the news bites from S.K... love to hear that the BEST INTEREST oF THE CHILDREN is being mentioned finally.. holy cow! WOO HOO!!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...