Monday, February 22, 2010

dreams, cheese it's and a beer

I had some very strange dreams last night. The absolute nutshell is that T was not a part of them. He was not in the dreams, but, more than that… He was not a part of my life in my dreams.

I woke up as if I had just finished a long therapy session.

I was reminded of some things.

Like.

I have a wonderful marriage to a (nearly) perfect man, who loves me and treats me like a Godly man SHOULD treat his wife.

I am blessed.

Today I have three children.

I am blessed.

I worry too much and I let that worry rob me of my “today.”

Really. I worry a lot. I allow myself to be anxious - a lot.

I know this about myself. This isn’t some sudden epiphany. I know this. I’ve known this for a long time.

This morning it was different though.

In a sense I felt ashamed of my worry.

I felt the very real sense of loss.

The loss of – the present – my life – today.

I have been so consumed with everything that is going on around us that I have not been enjoying my life. My marriage. Our kids.

Today after school I looked through J’s folder and he had a lot of homework. I wasn’t sure how to tackle it with the twins in the mix. It was homework that J would need my help with.

So, I pulled out some snacks (FRESH rice cakes I bought in Seoul the other day…. I bought them at a stand WHILE they were popping) and set all three kids up at the table. J had his homework, the twins had crayons, stickers, coloring books and blank sheets of paper.

We all had snacks.

(I had Cheese It’s myself, and a beer).

I helped J, guided the twins in their crafts and just sat back enjoying the moment.

Anybody who knows me well, knows how NEAT I like everything. You all would be proud of me today. I let – it – go and just enjoyed my children. Everything was a mess, but, you know what? J was thrilled to have me there helping him, and he FLEW through all his work, the twins had a blast making a mess, and I sat back and enjoyed all that was around me.

I think I just need to remind myself to CHOOSE peace.

To choose the moment.

To not let life pass me by.

When I make mistakes – I need to choose to learn from them rather than choosing to not forgive myself over them.

I need to choose peace over and over (and over) again.

Until it’s no longer a choice, but, a way of life.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you.

Thank you for writing this. I related so much to this post, that I had to take a moment and tell myself to stop and choose.

Time flies...and I KNOW this. Yet, time and time again I get caught up in the worry and/or the negative and lose "today".

It's funny, because I am great at helping other people, but when it comes to myself, I can get caught up running in circles.

I will join you in choosing peace, and I, too, will choose it over and over again until it is a way of life. It seems so obvious...until you get caught up in so much drama, that you forget which end is up.

Thank you for writing about what so many of us are feeling.

All the best...

Karyn said...

Right there with you - as you know. You are such an inspiration an dI"m so lucky to know you. Much love.

K

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...