Sunday, November 1, 2009

There is a place….



Where there are no more words.

Where tears flow and stop of their own free will.

Where sleep just doesn’t seem to come.

Where we reach the threshold of our pain tolerance.

There is a place where family and friends gather to simply sit in silence, to hold each other and grieve.
Because really.
What is there to say?

There is a place where we don’t even ask “why?”
Because really.
What answer would be an answer that would satisfy?

We received word from our attorney yesterday that K3’s Mom “refuses to consider any course of action other than (her) getting custody of the twins”

So.
Here we are.

At this place.

What this means is, the adoption will be dismissed.

Over the next few days we will be making arrangements to travel back to California to return our babies. My guess is it will be in the next two to three weeks that we will fly out.

J’s adoption is not affected by this.

I’ll be sure to update when we have plans in place.

Xo
K.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are no words for the sadness I feel for all of you.

I am sending prayers of peace, love, and comfort. I wish I could do more.

(((((HUGS)))))))

-Jeanne

MH said...

I'm also sending prayers.

Trails of Grace said...

As you said, there are no words.
Our prayers are with you and your family during this time.

One day you will know the part you and your husband played in these little ones lives. One day we will see the big picture of what your having them spared them from, or what love you imparted or just exactly what purpose was served during this time.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the news. You & T must be heart broken.
We'll keep you in our prayers.
Love
Auntie Jeannie

Delta Whiskey said...

No words. The breath along with my heart have been ripped from my chest. I'm here for you, I love you both.

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers.....

Love,

Micki

Shae said...

Oh K...I am so sorry to hear this. Know that my prayers are with you and your family.

Marguerite said...

Sweet cousin, my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry. I know there are no words. I'm praying for peace and comfort. I know the Lord will comfort you in your pain. I can't understand why He is letting this happen but as one of my favorite songs says "Even when I don't see, I still believe". Love you so much! <3

Ruthanne morgan said...

Love the Halloween picture, it is the best-love you and thinking of you constantly-R/A

Ann Marie said...

Kristin & Ted, I pray that the Father of all comfort will minister to your hurting hearts. I am so sorry.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...