Wednesday, November 18, 2009

where to begin.....

I keep going to update the blog and things are happening (and un-happening) so quickly I can’t keep up, let alone update anyone.

So, I’m going to try.

We asked our attorney for a ball park date when all of this was going to happen. I asked him to at least guess.

“Months.” He said.

Apparently when I asked for a safe meeting place, he automatically thought “hearing” as in a hearing where the court decides who gets custody and we turn the twins over to that individual.

Hi.

I let him know that NO, I did not want a hearing. I didn’t want to wait while everyone got their ducks in a row. The adoption was “successfully” stopped, right? So, where is everyone who wanted the twins?

All I wanted was a safe place for us to do the “return.”

I asked what our alternative to this was. He told me if the birthmother signs paperwork taking custody back of the twins, we could do the exchange simply between us and her.

I liked that option because then “everyone “could battle out custody and we would no longer be standing, innocent, in the middle of the battle.

Then maybe, we could try to live our lives in peace.

That was possibly going to happen today (her signing paperwork). But. Did not.

It is rescheduled for tomorrow.

Truthfully though..... will she sign? Does she WANT to sign? I don't even know anymore.

If our birthmother doesn’t sign paperwork, then we will actually have to wait for a hearing, which would determine custody. Essentially giving us a “court order” stating to whom we give the twins.

If that ends up happening…..

Wouldn’t it be interesting if Ted and I were the only two to actually show up to that?

I keep thinking I know how this is going to end….. and I keep getting surprised.

If our birthmom signs, we’ll head to the states and be done with this nightmare.

If she doesn’t then the nightmare continues, with the ending unclear.

Xo
K.

2 comments:

Richele said...

I've been wondering ...

And now I see you still are, too. Harumph.

Keep on keepin' on ...

Delta Whiskey said...

I wish I had something intelligent or comforting to say. I'll stick with... I'm here for you, checking everyday for an update.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...