Friday, November 13, 2009

the spin cycle

Yesterday, as I mentioned, was cold with a side of steady drizzle.

It was a long, long day.

Three kids, spending the majority of the day indoors?

All together now..... "UGH!!!!!"

I spent much of the day in pure, survival mode. Trying to keep each child entertained and happy, and, in line. There were plenty of laughs and plenty of correction. There were moments of thinking 'wow, we're actually getting through this day....' and lots of...

other moments.

Moments where I thought.....

This is why this is happening. They deserve better than me. I am not a good Mother. That's why. That's why I don't get to keep them. They will get better than what I can give. So much better. I have failed them. That is why this is happening.

Moments where I thought.....

I need to try to be more patient. Why aren't I more patient? I need to embrace this day. Enjoy this day. Enjoy every second.


But, I was so tired.

I went. All. Day.

When T got home, I ran out to do our big (every other week) grocery shop.

In the store, suddenly, I missed the kids.

Missed them.

After being stuck in the house with all three of them, ALL DAY.

Then I held back the tears as I went down the snack aisle.

Down the baby items aisle.

Past the milk section.

All the items I either WON'T be buying in the future, or will be buying 2/3's less of.

I got home, put the groceries away, and collapsed on the couch.

I recounted all my different emotions for T.

And something occurred to me.

I sound like every other Mom on the planet.

(Minus the "this is why I don't get to keep them" part)

In short, I felt like I had gone through the spin cycle. Tired, wrung out, and done.

I'm coming down with some sort of funk... I'm blaming it on stress and pollution. That's my story and I'm sticking with it, as they say.

Our attorney is supposed to be getting word to us via email. Both T and I called a few times over the last few days, only getting as far as speaking to his assistant.

The thing is, he's busy.

Other babies are being born.

And adopted.

Apparently some progress (communication with other involved parties) has been made. No court date yet though. Oh, and apparently that December 2nd date is no longer a "date" for us..... We have expressed to our attorney that it is hard to live "like this" to which he replied that he does understand. He may not actually understand, but, that's OK, he knows this is hard for us. We plan to be squeaky until a date is set for us to return.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

squeak away.. but do not EVER say you are not a good mother... um.... HI!! You are the BEST ... you are awesome... look at the kids pinks... get better? Um... WHO? Better than Ted and Kristin as parents? pah-lease.

And.. P.S... I am not accepting that the attorney is too busy to TAKE A PHONE CALL... this is IMPORTANT.. if it isn't his most important focus for the day - let's get another attorney. Let's.. as in US... because I am with you... you and me.. oh and Ted. :) You are always as "US" for me... such a nice feeling.

Karyn said...

Oh, PLEASE! You're a mother. Period. We think these things. We feel this way and get pissed off and irritated and want to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE CHILDREN. That Hallmark, Lifetime, Caillou kind of mothering only exists in fictions and homes with lots of sedation and or denial.

It doesn't make you a bad mother. Or a lesser mother than anyone else. It is part of the crappy hazing process that is parenting.

You've got more going on than anyone I know. Cut yourself a little slack, will you please?

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...