Saturday, November 14, 2009

letting go.....

Throughout the day, and throughout my sleep, this is what I'm considering.

But.

It's more of a question.

As in,

HOW am I going to....

let go?

Truthfully, I keep coming back to K2.

My precious, precious,

K2.

My baby.

The one who cries for me.

Me.

Only me.

As in,

Walking towards me, or looking for me, arms raised, walking around anyone and anything in his way, crying, seeking out,

Me.

T took the kids to the playground this afternoon. When they got back, I was in the kitchen making dinner. T took all three kids upstairs for their bath. K2 climbed the stairs, trailing behind the others, looking back,

At me.

And I thought.

HOW.

How do I let go of him?

M is different. I think she knows "who" I am. I think she sees me as someone who is in charge. Someone she is supposed to listen to (but, often doesn't). She wants me usually when she sees K2 wants me. Or she needs something from me... help, a snack, milk....

But, K2.

He wanted me from the start..... Way back to the hotel room in CA. That first week. The week we met. K2 fell asleep on me, snoring softly, breathing steadily, secure.

With me.

I believe that God's hand is in this situation. I don't know that He orchestrated it, I just know He's here. And while that's comforting, that is not all that is getting me through.

I think the only way that I can TRULY let go, is if I understand, or believe, or accept, or..... at least tell myself that,

they were never "mine" to hold on to.

If I believe that someone is taking my babies away. MY babies. Then I won't survive this. I need to believe that M and K2 were supposed to be mine, only for a season. That there was a purpose, but, that purpose wasn't for- always. It was just for a season.

If I can hold on to that. Trust that. Believe that.

Then maybe.

Just maybe.

When the day comes. When That Day Comes.

I can let go.

And survive.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Richele said...

You are going to breathe and be present in the story as it unfolds ...

We learned long ago that all of this is out of our control, and often times, our understanding.

So yeah, you're just going to breathe. And trust. And believe. And be there while you can.

J. said...

Ang told me what's going on, and it kills me. I can't believe what you must be going through. Your whole family is in our thoughts, and we're beside ourselves with grief on your behalf.

I really hate it when bad things happen to good people. I simply hate it.

Karyn said...

I don't know how you find it possible to be faithful and strong and philosophical in the face of this nightmare, Kristin, I really don't even with your piety and heart of gold, I just can't get my head around it. I'd be bedridden and medicated within an inch of my life. ...Heck, I'm almost like that NOW.

I just don't know what to say; it's too awful to be believed.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...