Thursday, November 5, 2009

waves

Waves of grief seem to be washing over T and me.....

They come unexpected.

Suddenly.

They wash over us so completely that we are left simply stunned.

Speechless.

The whole stages of grief thing? I'm hitting all five stages, every day.

Today has been a mix of anger and depression.

This morning I went for a walk with the twins. I walked, they rode in the stroller. It was a chilly, wet, beautiful, Fall morning.

As I was walking I leaned over and put a hand on each twin's head. I prayed that God would bless them. That He would bless their lives.

Then K2 reached up for my finger.

And he held it while we walked.

He actually held on for quite a while before releasing it to get a better (two handed) grip on his sippy cup.

I will hold on to this moment.



xo
K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh - Kristen - my heart is just breaking for your family. They will always be your babies - this seven months will have significance well into their whole lives, whether they actively remember or not.

Take lots of pictures. Give and take lots of hugs.

Remember - God is collecting your tears. You are loved and cherished.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

OH I am angry... ANGRY today.. give me an address of who to complain to... to plead with... to Cry to... to yell at... to PUNCH in the face. I have never punched anyone in the face... I am ready. PINKSIES... AND TEDDY.... XOXOXOXO

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...