Thursday, October 29, 2009

"your mom is pretty"

J's class had a Halloween party today and I went with him. It was my first time going to school with him.

I didn't tell J that I'd be coming until last night... JUST IN CASE something happened that prevented my being there. So last night I let him know that I'd be coming.

I was nervous.

I feel like so much of our lives is filled with rules and guide lines and correction.... I wasn't sure what his reaction would be when I said:

Guess what? I'm going to come to school with you tomorrow.

YOU ARE?!?!?!? ARE YOU GOING TO EAT LUNCH WITH ME?!?!? PLEASE MOM?!? PLEASE MOM?!?! WILL YOU EAT LUNCH WITH ME TOO?!?!?! WE CAN BOTH BUY OUR LUNCH TOGETHER!!! PLEASE?!?!?!

:)

He was SO HAPPY to have me there. I heard J telling a girl "that's my mom." The little girl said "hi J's mom" (I'm smiling as I type). Then she said to J "your mom is pretty."

I love that I have a son.

I love that the little girl in his class told him that his mom is pretty. What kid doesn't want to hear that they have a pretty mommy?

He was proud to have me there.

And.

I was proud to be there. His mom.

xo
K.

6 comments:

Richele said...

J's Mom is pretty - but how fun to hear it from his little friend!

And I love his enthusiasm!

Kelly Elizabeth said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty. I agree with the little girl. HOW COOL.

Anonymous said...

Krissy, left a message on your phone the other week, wondering if you got the message, but also am sure you are very busy. Wasn't it fun to be in school? Next will be the PTA!

K and T said...

...Not sure who "anonymous" is.... not sure if I got your message.... I know you're family b/c you addressed me as "krissy"....

Anonymous said...

It's me R/A, not sure how to leave my name. Lleft another message. so so sorry

G Teacher said...

Mommie you are my hero. I am so blessed that you and J are in my life. I love you and your family! Itsn't it God's love that gives us the words we need at our toughest times? It is best when it from the heart of an innocent! Words of affirmation meant for your heart! You are beautiful.
Love the teacher

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...