...and bigger than our family. I know our situation reaches lives far beyond ours. In a way, that's a comfort to me somehow.
We spoke with our NC attorney today.
K3 and his Mother have a NC attorney of their own, on retainer, for the hearing. Their attorney called ours, and faxed an "open" custody case over to his office. Although our birth mother, has/had custody, the case is open, and it's a California state case. (The custody case is between our birth mom and birth father, it started before the adoption process)
Because of this, NC will not proceed with the adoption. It will be dismissed. Our attorney said that the court would absolutely dismiss it, and they should, legally. He offered some legal advice, suggesting we dismiss the adoption (in NC) ourselves, and start from scratch, in CA.
From scratch is too complicated for me to get into in detail. It literally means, the birth mom terminating her rights all over again, possibly "changing her mind" all over again, hiring two attorney's (one for her, one for us) all over again.... The bottom line is, it's not an option for us. The money is not there. Also, we have no idea that we would be able to complete the adoptions in CA when all was said and done.
We've decided to try to appeal to K3 and his mother. We don't know what their motives are. If they are "simply" trying to stop the adoption(s), or if K3's mother is actually going to fight our birth mom for custody once the adoptions are dismissed. We have started the process of trying to communicate with them.
I hesitated posting about this so soon. We heard about this only this morning. The reason I am posting about this at all is that I am appealing to our believing readers to please pray. Pray that God's hand is on this.
I will post updates and information as I have them. I know you all have questions, but, chances are I either can't answer them, or am choosing not to at this time.
None of this will effect J's adoption.
xo
K
3 comments:
oh honey. So many people are praying for you. I wish I could hug you, let you lean on my shoulder and cry your heart out. I truly wish I were there with you right now.
We love you and are praying for you!! I read this today and thought of you. From Psalm 37 in the "God's Word" Translation....."Entrust your ways to the Lord. Trust Him and He will act on your behalf. The Lord knows the daily struggles of innocent people....they will not be put to shame in trying times." Love you cousin!!! <3
I do not even have the words. xxxxxxx
K
Post a Comment