A picked me up in the morning and we got Rabbit settled into the kennel on post. Apparently we can visit her and take her for walks and stuff, so that's cool. Rabbit was possibly going to stay at A&S's a few days, at least until they were also in the hotel (because, remember they are moving out of their place), but, apparently there was an altercation b/t the two pups... and there was blood involved. :( So, the pups needed to be separated. They are both fine.... um. Just not the best of friends. :)
I definitely don't know my way around post yet, but, A is explaining the lay out really well, and I think I'll get the hang of it all sooner rather than later.
I met K in person yesterday (we had been connected through email) and she's really nice. They got here a little over a month ahead of us and are all settled in. Hearing everything that we need to do to get settled in is a bit overwhelming... I think it's safe to say that by the end of our time here, I'll have mastered the ability to "pace myself". :)
Usually T is the one that in processes with each move, and I don't really have to do a thing. Here, we both have to do it. Also, we both do it separately. It'll be good for me, I think in a way it'll give me some confidence as far as giving me the feeling that I'm doing some of this on my own... I'm not sure how to explain it.... T and I have talked about my self confidence... and how it should be more than it is.... I guess I'm saying that this will help me in that area. Sorry if I'm being too vague... If words come to me to explain this than I'll definitely share them. :)
Last night we had dinner at a restaurant right here in the hotel. Sadly it wasn't all that great. No worries, we'll try another place tonight. We rented a DVD ("Definitely, maybe" it's cute), made some popcorn and hung out in our hotel room. Poor T is just not on track time-wise. He woke up at 3 this morning and never went back to sleep. I must be really tired b/c I've had no trouble adjusting to the time change. I'm sleeping like a rock.
OK - that's it for now. We're meeting some folks in the hotel, who will be in our unit, for breakfast.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment