Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home.

Wednesday was a big day for us. We checked out of the hotel, picked Rabbit up from the kennel, went grocery shopping, AND got the keys to our new place.... Oh, and.... we received ALL THREE shipments. Yes. In one day. :) 

The move-in went really well. Our movers were great, meticulous, polite and GENTLE with our belongings. The big shipment arrived first, then about an hour after those movers left, the other two shipments arrived (the small ship that came here via plane as well as the belongings we had in storage in NC). 

We are exhausted. T is going non-stop with his new job, and in the midst of it all, he's still being a big help to me with the heavier jobs that come along with moving. I've been plugging away and now, the kitchen, both bathrooms, living room and the master bedroom are all done. Now I need to tackle the dining room and the office (insert UGG here). 

I am so happy that we brought our OWN bed, our ENTIRE living room, and tons and tons (actually almost all of) our pictures. Our place is already starting to feel like home... after a long journey, home feels really great. 

It seems that getting internet installed in one's home here is not an easy task (at least on base). We have done steps one and two... and apparently have about 4 more steps to go, we also have  7-10 more days to wait.... THEN we will have...... dial up. Can you believe it? We have no choice in the matter, so it is what it is..... Right now I'm in the lobby of a hotel that is very close to our home, so at least I have wifi from here whenever I want it. If dial up gets too frustrating then, I'll just come here. :) 

OK, this is going to be a short post, T and I got up at 4:30 this morning and 5 yesterday morning... to say I'm exhausted would be an understatement. :)

xo
K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Good to hear you are all settled in. - Nikki

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all your Korean adventures and stories. I shudder at the thought of dial up though.....Cody would go nuts!

Miss you!

Karyn said...

How do you DO it???

I'm so happy your home is starting to feel that way to you - what a blessing. xxoo

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...