Monday, July 28, 2008

A Much Better Day

I apologize for yesterday's rant. I was a bit cranky. OK. A LOT. Cranky. I was tired. Can I use that as an excuse? :) 

Today has been a much better day. I still got up early, still didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked to.... But. It's still a better day.

Today has been the kind of day where everything just seems to fall into place, I have had enough time, everything I've done has been at a relaxed pace, everyone I've encountered has been friendly... It's just been a happy day all the way around. 

I went into Itaewon again today. This is the little shopping area that we've mentioned in previous posts, the one that is just outside one of our "walk through" gates. 

I went w/my new friend R and her two GREAT daughter's H and S. 

R and I clicked instantly at orientation. Having a friend so quickly has really made this transition easy.

In fact, along the lines of new friendships, I have to say that just about everyone I've met here is super friendly. I guess it's because we're all in the same boat. We're all away from our families, our friends, everything that is safe and familiar to us. So, we're all wanting to make friends quickly, enjoy our time here, make the best of our experience in SK etc... etc...
 
The other day, our neighbor M (the one who's husband recognized my New England accent) knocked on our door and invited me to a "Newcomer's BBQ" that she had just found out about. So I walked down (T was working). I was a little bit nervous to go down there by myself, but, I forced myself, and said a little prayer that I would be thankful that I did. And I was. I had a great time really. Everyone I met was really friendly and chatty. 

R and I have started walking together, and have decided that, at least during these hot Summer month's, we will walk in the evening. This will be a really great thing for me. We've only been here 19 days and I already have a walking buddy. God is good. :)
 
Oh. So, in Itaewon today I actually shopped a little. :) I got some CHRISTMAS PRESENTS for people...... :) :) I went into a LOVELY shop and bought a few items. :) I'm excited. I also bought a long blouse to wear with my leggings. They are sort of in style at home, but, they are very much in style here. 

I'm not into the high, strappy shoes though.... Just about every local woman here is in high, strappy shoes. Even when they are wearing shorts. Now, granted, they look beautiful, I'm just not the type of gal that can carry that look..... (I don't think anyway)....

So, that's my update for today.... I have an errand or two this afternoon, I'm walking tonight.... I'm trying to keep extra busy since T is away... I think I'm doing pretty well if I do say so myself. 

xo
K.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Sweetie... that was NOT a rant.

I'm happy you have friends and a walking buddy already locked and loaded but it's no surprise to people who know you! You are such a beacon of light in a dark world.

I think you COULD pull off that look... but it'd be a weird look for 'everyday'... hm... hey, Carrie took chances...she even put a dead bird in her hair. :0)

Wait. Right. Not all fashion is good. Hm.

Well, use your judgment - I think you look fab all the time. xxoo

Richele said...

So glad you're out and about and having fun already!

And did we get spoiled with those four hour days or WHAT?!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...