The housing here is very institutional. One can't say that the construction crews went above and beyond in any sense...However. I guess my thought is this. The Lord wants us here. Plain and simple. Since that's the case, then we'll be happy here. Regardless of what four walls we sleep within each night. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. :)
OK, the pluses. There is plenty of room (yes, even for company!), the kitchen, although nothing fancy, seems to be fairly "new". The windows are a good size (I need LIGHT), we have what could (possibly) be called a "back yard". We have a little patio and that's our space. Just beyond that is lawn, (common space) and down the hill is a road. The lawn has three cherry trees on it. :) How sweet is that? To be able to sit out back and see green and trees is a total blessing and I'm holding on to it.
The Army gives us furniture to keep the whole time here, or to keep until our own belongings arrive... so at least we have something to sleep in and sit on until our stuff arrives. Although I didn't think to bring sheets in our luggage b/c I didn't know we'd have a queen sized bed on loan....
Oh, we are still at the hotel for a bit.... our place isn't available until July 23rd.....
After we picked out which place we wanted, T went back to work and A and I went out to lunch. We went to a local place here and had some awesome... bibimbop ... or something like that.... It consisted of rice, beef, veggies and chili paste and it was delicious. I love the food here. In fact for the record, I highly recommend just embracing the local culture when you travel. Don't bother with trying to have certain tastes from home.... Trying to get American food here doesn't work so well, and in most cases something just doesn't taste right. We've tried both Quiznos and Popeye's here on post for a quick and easy lunch, and well... yeah.... not so much. I'm going with the local flavors from here on out.
Today I didn't get much done. I did walk to visit Rabbit. We played. Then I walked back to the hotel. For all you folks out there who think they live in a humid area. I do not know how to adequately express the DEGREE of humidity here. I've lived on Cape Cod where you cannot keep anything in your basement unless you want it to be green and very wet when you take it back out. I've lived in NC where you can actually SEE the humidity some days.... Seoul is NOTHING... nothing like, anything else I've experienced. It. Is. HUMID. Here. :) Good thing I have great hair that isn't effected by humidity. :) The best I can do is pull my hair up, then I look like a fuzzy Q-tip.
xo
K.
2 comments:
Just think ... when you get tired of those four walls, you can hop into your sweet ride and cruise!
hugs -
r
I feel your humidity-induced pain.
Love,
Your US Qtip Counterpart
Post a Comment