Saturday, July 31, 2010

down but not out

I have vertigo again. I woke up with it, in the middle of the night, the night before last.

I'm typing, once again, from bed, flat on my back.

I went to my sister E's Chiropractor and he asked if I'd been in an accident, saying that my neck felt like my head had been hit very hard. I thought he was being funny. Nope.

No, Dr. just stress.

Anyway, he did some maneuver's that shift the crystals in the ear canals to relieve the vertigo, and while I know it's working, it has not removed the dizziness that has me down - in bed.

That being said, my body may be feeling the physical effects, my soul is not. I still know that our God is sovereign and no matter HOW this plays out, He will be victorious.

We've not been successful with trying to work with K3's mom A to settle this before a trial. The word now is that Monday, the first day of trial, will be spent, in some part, continuing to try to settle.

I believe the attorneys thought that if they could work with A, K3 would follow suit. They never imagined she'd be so unreasonable. I will go further to say that we also learned this isn't as much about the children to her, as it is about defending her son's honor. That changes things for me.

The attorneys will talk with K3 on Monday. Appealing to him to listen to reason. Laying out all the possible outcomes for him, none of which result in him getting custody of the kids, or his mother getting the kids. It just can't happen.

Please continue to pray, we appreciate it so much,

xo
K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking good thoughts and keeping you all close in prayer...always.

God bless!

-Jeanne

Anonymous said...

My mom actually had a similar thing with vertigo, and similarly she was treated for it by manipulating the fluid in her ear, or something to that affect (effect?).

From my understanding, they put her on a big slab table with straps and pullys on it, which allowed the doctor to rotate her head 360 degrees as to "steer" the fluid from inner ear to outer. ....I dunno, I'm not a doctor.

Regardless, up until that point, she was miserably bed-ridden for weeks, and to add to that, my father was left to cook for us. My father is no gourmet, and served us fish sticks from a box along with green peas from a bag in the freezer four night a week for about a month, god bless him.

Needless to say, in the end she was fine, and I'm sure you'll be fine in the end too. I sympathize though, with your condition over all, with so much going on, you're literally bedstricken. That sucks, to put it into plain venacular.

Please pass on to T that I (FINALLY) finished "Once an Eagle." Lots of great lessons learned, - hated the ending. Felt it was a bit of a cop out on Myrer's part.

Get well soon.

J.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...