Monday, July 12, 2010

my eyes hurt

So, T and I have not slept through the night since leaving Korea. The kids are completely off their sleep cycles as well.

Yet.

Here I sit,

on a bright yellow couch,

in the midst of screaming, laughing children,

at a kid jamming and jumping place.

Isn't it strange how daily life continues on,

in the midst of....

everything?

Anything?

My Sister E and her family have fully embraced us, yet again, and are taking such good care of us....

even though,

they are mid-move.

Oh, and their car had a window broken,

and their kids are each in different day camps,

and our Brother - in - Law is working,

and we have our dog with us,

and they have a dog....

and there are bumps in each life,

on every day......

But,

coffee gets made,

dishes get done,

the sun rises

the sun sets.

We are checking in with our attorney,

with the twins attorney,

with our birth mom.

We are praying,

and coping,

and making sure in the midst of it,

we have a family vacation.

Hence, the jamming and jumping place.

And.

Disney.

Things that bring us right back to reality are things like this:

Me: Have you ever heard of Disney Land?

J: No. (remembering that J is SIX YEARS OLD)

T: Disney WORLD?

J: No.

T: Mickey Mouse?

J: No.... wait..... yes..... I think I saw him in a movie before.

It's all about choice, right? We've talked about that before.

Daily choice.

We will give our kids a vacation....

a happy, wonderful vacation....

that they will always remember......

happily.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

And that is the best part...no matter the outcome they will have their memories and so will you. No one can take those from any of you. They are yours forever. Have a BLAST at Disney! Our kids talk about it still...and A was only 2 1/2 when we took him.

Lots and lots of prays and hugs to you all :)

Anonymous said...

My parents took me to Disney LAND (old school style) when I was about 6-ish. Still remember it, clear as HD. My dad and I waited extra long in line for Space Mountain so we could ride in the front car. Years later, my mom said we did 14 hours there, and not a single complaint from anyone.

Hell, I still have my embroidered Mickey Ears with "Jimmy" on the back.

Your kids will grow and cherish the memory of this upcoming vacation. And that alone should give you some peace of mind.

Also, bring wet naps. Like, two cases. Just sayin'.

J.

McWally said...

Oh my gosh! This just made my morning :) I'm so excited to see the pics and hear the tails of the trip. Those little kidlets are going to be so cute running around Disney!
Have so much fun and all of you deserve every minute of this vacation! Love ya.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...