Sunday, July 4, 2010

the next chapter

I'm someone who grieves for the main character in a dramatic movie or series.

I bite my nails as time runs out.

I'm anxious hoping that the hero makes it in time.

My heart ached for Carrie on her roller coaster relationship with "Big."

I wished that Meredith and Derek would see what I saw - that they were meant to be together.

I worried for Charlie (old - Party of Five) as he battled cancer.

Our last batch of movers came and packed us up today. Our house is empty of stuff - and full of echoes.

I did some final errands, while I still have a vehicle (the one that is staying in Korea) and while my "ration card" is still valid.

I felt numb, going through the motions of the day, wondering.....

What is in our next chapter?

I could have never predicted the past two years.

A lifetime of events have occurred.

We came here, a childless couple.

Hopeful.

Adventurous.

A trip home and back - returned us with - three children in tow.

16 months of heartache,

agony,

surprise,

and

overflowing joy.

I regret nothing.

I am uneasy of what is to come. I don't put that in the category of fear.

How can I fear what I cannot imagine?

Maybe that is why I'm uneasy. I cannot imagine what this next chapter holds.

So.

I am on eggshells.

I am full of anticipation. Anticipation that holds neither the positive or the negative.

Just. Knowing.

Something is about to happen.

We board the plane to move back to America on Thursday. When I buckle my seat belt I will want to exhale, close my eyes, and sleep.

But.

I don't know if that's possible.

We will be entering - fully - into a huge (er) chapter in our lives.

Please continue to pray - right through that final hour - that all of "this" goes away - and that we settle. Before trial.

While this is huge for us - it is nothing for God. He can make it happen in the blink of an eye.

xo
K.

4 comments:

Karyn said...

How could you not be uneasy?! Prayers coming your way. (xo)5

Steph said...

Praying for you daily.... I knew all of your dramatic references and I felt the same....now I am on the edge of my seat, biting my nails, praying that RIGHT prevails and you can move onto parenting and loving your beautiful family. Stephanie

Julie said...

Thinking about you and praying for you on a daily basis Kristen!
I hope you had safe travels back to the States.

Julie

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK TO THE STATES!!

J.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...