We have no reason to believe this adoption isn't going to happen. But, there are expressions like "It ain't over 'till the fat lady sings" for a reason, right?
We are both running, non-stop at this point. When K woke up this AM, his left eye was swollen, nearly all the way shut. T and I scrambled around the hotel room, and T rushed w/K back to the Doctor's office.
I ran down to the little breakfast area to get supplies for the room. :) I will say, all those items I once considered useless and lame, in the hotel lobbies around the nation, have suddenly come in handy! Bananas and apples, little cereals and oatmeal packets, yogurts.... it's perfect for the kiddos....
Last night T went online to book our tickets to fly to NC, when I suddenly realized we don't have our "ICPC" paperwork yet. (That's what legally gets us across state lines). Now, all the wheels are turning, and the chances are great that we will have that in hand today. I think we're both so frazzled at this point that we don't know which end is up. We're trying to move forward, keep everything going, but, sometimes it seems kind of hard.... Kind of overwhelming.....
I keep going back and forth, from, "what if she changes her mind", to.... "what if she DOESN'T change her mind?!" To be totally honest, there are moments that I don't know which is more frightening.
What I keep saying over and over (and you'll all probably get sick of hearing me say it) is.... "God orchestrated these events. He will equip us to handle them."............
Tick tock, Tick tock.....
xoxo
K.
4 comments:
I am imagining you in the hotel lobby "stealing" food with the twins in tow... hilarious.
ALL is well... it is happening... IT REALLY IS.... how unbelievable...
more pics?? not of the eye though.. poor little duffer.
love you!
You are amazing. Yes, this is a chaotic time but your strength and stamina shines through in these posts.
I must say I had to laugh at the fact that your sister had to remind you to feed the kids. It's a lot to adjust to in such a short amount of time. It's no wonder you are having some "moments" and some fears and feeling overwhelmed!!!
It'll get better...and bettter...and better! Trust me! Your little family is so blessed!
Hang in there sweetie, It is going to come naturally. Your going to have those days like we all do, but dont worry about tomorrow, just make it through today. God will take care of the rest. Miss you guys, Love Rachel Fred Harley and Sydney
Scary & overwhelming...panicky flashes of doubt? Sounds like a typical mom to me. <3
(What's up w/ K's eye, btw?)
Post a Comment