Sunday, March 29, 2009

remember to feed the kids

Seriously. My Sister E had to remind me a few times! I'm so crazed I don't know which end is up. I also don't know when I last looked in a mirror.

Did I wash my hair today? (I don't think so).....
I'm getting lots of ideas for my adoption book..... So many emotions... so many ups and downs and twists and turns.....

T (birthmom) called us while we were in LA... She decided that she wanted to see the children, and have them overnight. What's weird is that T (husband) and I were not "worried" about this... Just surprised and confused... You see, the children were in a crisis nursery center, then picked up by T (birthmom), who had them for a day, then given to us upon our arrival... so why now? You know? The attorney and the agency all believe there is nothing to worry about, she just wants to see them.... they've been working with her for quite a while... So, no worries. And really, I promise, none of us are worried.

So, we cut our visit short and we drove all day to get to San Francisco. It was a long day. It was a long drive.


J is a bit confused about where we are going and why..... And we are trying to explain things gently and simply (and in a vague way) for him.....

We drove up to check in to the hotel. J and T went inside and I stayed in the van (HUSH) with the twins.

It was 9:30PM.

T (birthmom) called.

She's not in town. She's away. She's trying to figure out the logistics to get back.

I'm not sure if she's going to ask us to meet her someplace else (sigh), or if she'll get back here, or if there will not be an actual "goodbye".....

There are many things that are not discussed in the journey that is adoption. I will tell you this. The terrain is rough.

I don't know how anybody could ever go through this without the Lord.

I had a moment (long drive) to pray today. I felt completely centered again..... I'm not worried or afraid. I'm fine. (OK - fine and exhausted).

I will say these children travel VERY well (woo hooo!!!), which is a great thing since we travel a lot.

J was happy and singing for a lot of the trip..... He had a wonderful time in LA, and talked about his Auntie and Uncle for most of the ride.

He asked about Korea and our dog. He said "your dog" (meaning T and me).... I let him know that she's HIS dog now. :)
Kay -
'Nite -
xo
K.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie. You are such a tower of strength, I know that's God shining through you. I'm praying and praying for you. Not to mention, smiling and smiling.

~T

PS: LOVE how they sleep with their rumps in the air. Too cute!

cuzinM said...

What an emotional roller coaster! May you feel the strength of the prayers going up for you today!

Kelly Elizabeth said...

LOVE those rumps!!! so cute - can't stand it... all close to each other too... touching.. love it. ADORABLE.

Karyn said...

I think it's priceless E. had to remind you to -feed- them. Write it down: They will expect this every day. EVERY. FLIPPING. DAY.

Love the pictures, they are so stinking cute. Also, nobody sets out with a mad desire to drive a minivan (she said, ahem)- that's the way the mop flops sometimes! Kids = gear and gear requires space. You're doing great.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...