Saturday, March 21, 2009

what day is it, who am i, and what just happened?

This is going to be a quick and fuzzy update...

T and I have been going non-stop. We arrived in CA and tried to find the hotel, we ended up on the way to T's house.... So we just stayed the course. A large amount of my toiletries were taken at security (I TOTALLY FORGOT TO CHECK THEM and put them in my carry on....)... Anyway, our first stop was Wal-Mart, so that we could buy shampoo, toothpaste, etc.... We changed in the car and freshened up in the parking lot. ha ha!

OK - I'll nutshell. Our relationship w/T is quite amazing... Everything felt so normal. She thanked US for adopting the children.

Also, J, the five year old... with NO prompting from T or Ted and me, has started calling T and me "Mom and Dad"....

Crazy.

T asked if all the children could stay with us last night... so we were all one big happy family... in one, very small feeling, hotel room.

OK - I must run. I just wanted you to all know that this adoption is definitely happening. And it's happening quickly.

xo
K

4 comments:

Richele said...

How do you post a speechless comment?!

One big happy family ...

Mom and Dad ...

This is that speechless part again.

And THIS is what it is supposed to feel like!

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I AM JUST IN SHOCK... and just THRILLED... this is amazing... just AMAZING... I love that you had them overnight!! amazing!!!

Oh.. I already used that word... WONDERFUL... so happy... SO SO HAPPY...

Karyn said...

This is all so beautiful - I am happy for you beyond words - these kids have no idea how lucky they are... their birthmom is an amazing woman, strong and smart and I am full to bursting with love for you all...

Anonymous said...

You have me in tears.
~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...