Thursday, March 19, 2009

"Matched"

We are.

This is big news! (Is your mouth hanging open?)

Ted and I are flying to San Francisco today. We're meeting our birthmom "T". We've known about T for a while.... But, have only been speaking with her as of last Friday. We hit it off as soon as we spoke on the phone.

God is good.

And.

He is faithful.

So, some of you are very excited that we're finally getting our baby.

ha ha ha...

Even better.

As most of you know, Ted and I have had three miscarriages. Two of them were very close together, so actually, only one of those could have possibly gone full term.

Have I mentioned that God is faithful?

T would like Ted and I to adopt her three children. The ages? 5 years old and twin 19month olds.....

The ages our children would be had I carried full term?

Just over 5 yrs old... and just over 1 year old....

Yeah.

:)

I know you guys have a million questions, but, honestly, I can't answer them all...We have been running non-stop since we received this news.... I'm going to try to keep this as updated as possible.... Some questions I'll be able to answer, some questions I may not answer...

Please pray that God's hand continues to be all over this.

"He gives and takes away, He gives and takes away, my heart will choose to say, Blessed Be Your Name....."

xo
K.

10 comments:

Marguerite said...

I'm sooooo happy for you guys! God is so good and faithful! Such a circle of life day for me. I lost a dear friend today (my age with four little ones) who lost her battle with breast cancer. He gives and takes away....blessed be His Name! Love you both!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy, excited, elated, overjoyed,........and so many other joyful words that haven't been invented yet....... for you guys. I'm tearing up I'm so happy for you....you deserve this plain and simple. You'll be a wonderful family, and we can't wait to meet your children! We'll pray that God is "all over this", but then again He always is...:)

Richele said...

This is truly amazing and I’m so excited and honored to follow you guys on this journey!

I might have to make your blog my homepage … just thinking where you are and who you’re meeting in a few hours.

Wow.

Just wow.

Ann Marie said...

Praise God for His faithfulness!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! My prayers of love and faith are with you as you journey to your beautiful children!

Wow.

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo very excited for you two!!!! Finally! God is good and God is faithful and He restores all that you think you've lost! So I'll keep you all in prayers as you travel! Looking forward to seeing the photos:)
Alina and I are doing well. My parents are visiting for 5 wks. It's a blessing not to be alone:) Av's back to Iraq to finish his 12 mos deployment:( We miss him much.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

What I love is that you are on our time for a while!! BUT .. there is no phone I can call... or can you use your cell again?? I will be checking facebook and your blog on the hour ... every waking hour... SOOO happy for you... This is perfect! This is you.. you guys having an instant family of 5 is .. just PERFECT. WHO better???? NOBODY... there's NOBODY better than you two. Lucky little children.. can't wait for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking of you on your journey. I'm thinking that we are going to have to get a BIG stroller with knobby tires for walking!!!! Rachel, Fred Harley and Sydney......

Anonymous said...

Kristin. I cannot tell you how happy I am for you both. Oh, my God! HE IS GOOD! Okay... off to read the other news.

~Cat

Anonymous said...

& now they depend on you and you depend on them! Gods greatness spoke to you and you and Ted acted on it! Well Done! You are an amazing Mom!Keep up the awesome work!
Love,Aimee

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...