Tuesday, March 24, 2009

seven days....

Today, T (birth mom) signed all her paperwork (allowing T and me to adopt the children). It was a long, emotional, crazy day.... I don't know that I could even blog about it at this point.

T (birth mom) has seven days to "change her mind" ... We don't have any reason to believe this will happen... but, it's still nerve wrecking regardless. We've been "so close" and "so sure" before... I think at this point it's hard for me to just let go and be happy... Part of me is still scared to believe this is it. That it's actually happening....

I look at these children and am filled to over flowing with love for them.

(I'm still only using first initials for everyone's names b/c this blog is not "private")

J had a rough day. I'm not sure how much he was aware of, but, he's a bright boy, so I'm sure he knew something was going on..... He's having a rough time falling asleep tonight, so Daddy is giving him lots, and lots of leeway...... it's after 10:30PM and Daddy is snuggling w/J, trying to get him to sleep...

The twins went down for the night a little bit easier... M (our daughter) is a feisty one... she didn't go to sleep without a fight. :)

K went down a bit easier.... It took a bit of back rubbing and patting.... and snuggling... At last, he climbed up on top of me, got nestled in, and fell sound asleep..... And that one moment, erased all the stress that happened today. That one moment reminded me why all this pain and heartache is worth it.

Please keep us in your prayers. (especially during this waiting period)

We'll try to post more pictures soon. Can I just say that these children are even CUTER once you get to know them????

xo
K.

4 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to get to know them.. their cuteness shows.. I can tell. I am so excited... do you have a flight date?

Signatures!! Paperwork!! It is true... What a gift... I showed my sisters and my mom your blog...and Karen C.. and all of them responded with the words "tears!!" joy!! OMGosh!! Unbelievable!!

I can't write out how excited I am... I can't write out how happy for you guys I am... not enough words I guess!!

Love you much.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Wow. I can't even imagine what your day must have been like. We pray for you everyday. Miss you guys, and can't wait to see you again.

Anonymous said...

Prayers, joy. ANYTHING you need! I cannot tell you how happy I am for you two!

~Cat

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story full of such wonderful blessings! Congrats! Prayers being sent your way.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...