and by "we" I mean "me".......
I think it was the day after the heartfelt convo my daughter and I had about Jesus loving us no matter what that she told her oldest brother that God didn't love him.
Now. These two RARELY get along.... it's been this way since they came home to us, and it's something we are working on. Quite clearly though, this was a mean thing to say.
Our daughter instantly came back to me with I DIDN'T SAY THAT - I SAID THAT GOD LOVES HIM EVEN WHEN HE'S MAD.....
Hmmmm.....
After a mini-interrogation we discovered that this time the truth was coming from our oldest..... (It's kind of like a coin toss with these two).......
So.
Our daughter used her defense..... Her STORY...... from the info gained from our little heart to heart the night before .....
She's done things like this before...... She's a smart one.....
A few months ago I would have sat here, typing, devastated, thinking that what happened the other night (the NICE convo) was false.... that it meant nothing at all.... that all hope was lost.......
NOW I sit here realizing.... Nope. That conversation definitely meant something. Our daughter is smart however and knew that saying what she said to defend herself was a really good story, a story that I might believe.....
So, yeah, we still have a road ahead of us...... but, we are STILL making progress, bit by bit..... myself included.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment