Monday, October 1, 2012

The other side

I've been thinking a lot about our daughter..... About getting to the other side of all of this anger.....

We've prayed.

We've read.

We've put into practice the things that research SHOWS works..... things that are effective.....

We've prayed more.

We've had wine.

I've joined a facebook group of like minds, in like situations. We share frustrations, solutions, questions, information.....

I keep thinking something will give.

That our daughter will break.... in a good way.

I search for the "fix" in all of this.

I talk with her.... Trying to explain that I understand that she is angry.

That she has every right to be angry.

That I will help her to express her anger in a way that won't hurt others.

Today it seems her soul mission WAS to hurt. Me, school mates, most anybody in her path.

So now I'm wondering....

Do we sometimes just .... GET to the other side of it? That there is no right fix or cure or method? That we just ride it out?

Kind of like hiccups. Is there a cure for those? Many people have their theory, but, I'm convinced that hiccups just go away. People THINK they go away because they hold their breath, or drink lots of water, or whatever it is they do..... But the truth is the hiccups were going to go away, when they went away, regardless.

I know she's hurting. I can't take the hurt away.

You can't force someone to TRUST when the very basic TRUST that should have existed - did not.

You can't take away the feeling of utter betrayal that someone experiences.

You can't force someone to accept your love. I think we all know that. Surely all of us have been rejected at some point.

I guess the difficult part is waiting it out - WHILE being the target of anger. NOT knowing if there will be a healing, loving, "ending."

Just waiting. Staying the course.

We've done that before..... Been in a storm..... riding it out..... trying to stay afloat.... with no idea of the outcome......

.... And we survived.

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...