Thursday, March 11, 2010

some odds, some ends

I had a great, detailed (cha-ching) call with our CA attorney, J2, this morning.

I will reiterate that she is - great. She gave me the in's and out's and the up's and down's of the entire hearing.

She is still confident.

We have another hearing May 3rd. T and I will need to be available, by phone, for it.

The goal (hence, the prayer request) is that everything gets resolved before the trial. This does happen, and in fact, happens, often.

I thought the trial dates set meant that we were definitely going to trial. I guess it doesn't.

Part of me thinks we will go to trial. I can't really put my finger on it exactly.... It's not negative thinking, because I'm not feeling negatively. It's just a feeling that I am having.

Let's all pray that things get resolved smoothly and nicely before then though.

There is also the financial aspect of it. Money continues to fly out of our account for all of this stuff. Not having a trial would be GREAT - financially.


Today is day five of twelve of T being away. We had a few good days, a few rough days, and today, we're back to a good day, so that's nice.

It is still Winter here and I am so - ready - for - Spring.

So. Ready.


The twins are doing great with the potty training. K2 by passed M which surprised many since so many folks claim that girls train quicker. M isn't as vocal about having to go as K2 is.... I have to ask her still. She also has a wet diaper in the AM. K2 is almost always dry at both nap and in the AM.

J has great days and rough days.... but, the rough days are getting less and less, and are seeming more and more "normal." As in - normal for a five year old.


I had a great call with our birth mother T2 today. It was the third consecutive "positive" call. I am attributing this positive turn to my new approach (that God has put everything in my path, personally, Himself). It helps me to love T2 and to be patient. Most importantly, it takes fear out of the picture.

As an adoptive Mom, trust me, I could choose to be afraid of an awful lot.

Today's call..... It seemed - good.

Real.

Like two mom's who were working together.

Respecting each other.

I don't know if it will last, but, I do know that I can continue to lay it all down at the feet of my Father.

Over

and

over

again.

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...