Saturday, March 13, 2010

an anniversary of sorts

One year ago today, we spoke with our birth mother “T2” for the first time.

Below is an email I sent out, shortly before our call.

When I re-read this email, I was struck at how the Bible verses I referenced are just as (if not more) relevant today, as they were one year ago.

One year ago today we spoke with T2 for the first time.

A week later all three children were in our arms.

It happened that quickly.

And yet.

It felt like a lifetime of waiting ……..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’ll be calling a birthmother in less than an hour…. This will be our
first conversation…. I keep praying the same thing over and over….
Lord, may YOUR will be done (even if that means these children don’t
end up with us), give us wisdom, let the conversation be an honest
one. (Let it go well, let it go well, give us the right words, the
right questions,… let it go well….)….
I decided to be productive with my time and read tomorrow morning’s devotional….
Props go to Max Lucado (author), once again.

“Heaven’s On Your Side”

“Jesus is praying for us…Jesus has spoken and Satan has listened. The
devil may land a punch or two. He may even win a few rounds, but he
never wins the fight. Why? Because Jesus takes up for you…
“He is able always to save those who come to God through him because he always lives, asking God to help them” (Heb. 7:25)…
Jesus, at this very moment, is protecting you…Evil must pass through
Christ before it can touch you. And God will “never let you be pushed
past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it” (I
Cor. 10:13)”

OK. Is it me, or is this one of those times that cannot be mistaken
for the Lord reaching down and speaking loudly and clearly to us (me)?
:)

In His Arms and in His Will,
K

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...