Sunday, March 14, 2010

igotchyou

On Friday night I received a text from T. It said:

"Will you do my laundry?"

YAY!!!!! T was able to come home Friday night through Sunday morning.

I was so, so, (SO) happy to have him home. It was just in the nick of time too, because it seemed as though we were starting to fray at our seams.

(I do need to note here that I have several friends, with children, and with deployed spouses...... So, when you find yourselves praying for our troops.... add in those wives and mommies as well please. I don't know how they do it. I can barely survive a week. I've handled quite a few deployments as a wife, but none, as a mom.)

On Saturday I decided to take a bath. Both twins had horrible colds, so I decided a soak with Mommy might make them feel better. (One twin at a time that is).

I started with M. She loved being in the tubbie with Mommy. It was very cute. In fact, it was oddly, one of M's calmest moments. She seemed in awe that we were both in there together. (Incidentally, M's personality is MORE like tonight..... where, for example, all three children were put in bed an hour and a half ago, and she is the "last one standing" still awake).

K2 came in the tub next. He. Loved. It. He wanted to lay down on his back, like I was doing. But. He was nervous. I said, "It's OK. I've got you."

I kept saying that.

I've got you.

I've got you.

So, K2 said "IGOTCHYOU" and laid down on me.

That's what he did for the rest of the bath....

"IGOTCHYOU?"

lay down on me.

Get up.

"IGOTCHYOU?"

lay down on me.

Get up.

Rinse.

Repeat.

I almost didn't blog about that cuteness, except... Tonight the twins took their bath together. Still sick with colds they were a bit mellow..... I sat beside the tub on a stool.

K2 looked at me from the tub and said:

"IGOTCHYOU?"

I came over and held his hands as he laid back in the water.

* smile *

This weekend was tough. Very tough. I honestly thank God that T was here for it. It was just one of those downward spiral weekends......

I was so frazzled tonight that I was a little teary. I was sitting in one of the chairs in the play room. K2 looked at me and said:

"OHKAYYYYY?"

"OHHHH"

"HUG." (He then climbed up in my chair and gave me the biggest hug he could manage).

That seemed to do the trick. I pulled up my big girl panties, and got back on track.

xo
K.

5 comments:

DW said...

(hugs)

~I'll email you soon.

Lori said...

K-
Praying for you. We've come under MAJOR attack on the Internet for keeping Matthew from his father. Obviously, all the people slandering (libel?) me are completely unaware of ALL the GOOD reasons we are doing what we're doing. Anyway...I've been hesitant to post any real meat about Matthew's case on my blog. If you want to email me (through my blog) I will keep you updated through the emails I send out to family and friends.

Karyn said...

Love this. Glad you wrote about it. Gotchyou. Too damn cute. xxx

Richele said...

i love this one - love it!

Jenn said...

Sometimes - when I read your blog - I find myself crying at the normalcy of your life in the midst of all the abnormalcy that you exist through.

I am so glad that you have the "gotchyou" moments. They rock, don't they?

Love you!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...