In 2008 I read through the Bible. It was something I had wanted to do for a while, and finally, finally did. It changed my life.
The following year I read the Bible daily.... just a chapter at a time.
THIS year. Um. Yeah. Not really on track with all of that......
But. What I try to do is AT LEAST read from my Max Lucado devotional. I "heart" Max's writing. I'm behind (shocker) but, want to read all of them, so I read what I read, when I read....
I read two today. One was about trust and one was about love.
The verse he quoted for trust was Psalm 56:3 "When I am afraid, I will trust in you."
We sure know how to make simple things complicated, don't we?
Seriously. It is so simple. When we are afraid, we need to -simply- trust in Him. That's it. WE are somehow able to make that very simple concept very complicated.
Sometimes I think I'm actually getting it. The night before the hearing? I slept. What's kind of crazy is - technically - I slept THROUGH the hearing, because it happened during OUR night time (with our time difference).
It was not until the next morning, when I was in the shower, that I thought "Oh, I wonder how it went. I need to look at my emails to get the update."
Somehow, I managed to - not worry.
This isn't constant for me. I have my moments. You know... Those dark, slipping back into the yuck moments.... but, the good moments?
Wow.
Are they something.
OK. So. The love devotional. That was very cool as well. It reminded me that God doesn't love us because of who we are. He loves us because of who HE is.
Again.
Simple.
He loves us unconditionally because of HIM. That's who He is.
In less than a minute, I was centered again.
I didn't talk w/J2 today - we couldn't sync our times - I'll talk with her tomorrow. So, no more news on that front.
xo
K.
1 comment:
K,
We seem to be someone on the same path with these life-altering situations. I find myself constantly struggling to, just.be. Thanks for always sharing these verses and devotionals. I wish I were still sitting next to you in church. I miss you like crazy. Hugs, kisses, tears.
Post a Comment