Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary - One Year!

One year ago today I wrote a post titled "Matched." I invite you to go back to 2009 and read our story from the "beginning." Many of you have been with us since way before then, many of you have joined us mid-journey.

T's got the children up in the bath right now.

I've got a red velvet cake cooling on top of the kitchen counter.

We aren't doing anything huge to celebrate our one year anniversary..... That's not really our style ...... We're just going to have a nice dinner (T's going to grille) and we'll have a cake for dessert to celebrate.

I cannot believe it's been one year. So much has happened..... This is a strange post for me because I'm not really sure what to express here .... in this box "for text".......

I think it's strange that we haven't finalized on the twins adoptions yet. It never occurred to me that the journey would be this long.

This much of a roller coaster.

This exhausting.

I knew being a mother would be difficult. I even knew that it would be more difficult than I could possibly imagine....

Yet..... it is harder than - the more difficult than I could possibly imagine - that I imagined......

I knew I had married the most perfect, most wonderful, man.

Then.

I saw him as a Dad.

T has exceeded what I thought was possible in Fatherhood.

He. Adores. These. Children.

Suddenly T seems complete.

So tonight, we celebrate, that we are family. We will enjoy bath time, dinner time, and a fun, yummy cake.

We will enjoy story time, prayers and snuggle.

Then T and I will sit on the couch and watch a show,

while our children sleep upstairs.

xo
K.

5 comments:

tge said...

I just know this hard adoption process has made you love T more than you thought you could. That's a blessing. Happy anniversary!

Richele said...

happy anniversary to all of you guys!

JZ said...

Just as you are without words, so am I. You guys inspire me. Keep up the hard work.

Kelly Elizabeth said...

a YEAR!!! omgosh... **LIKE**

cuzinM said...

What a milestone!
The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26 :)

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...