Tuesday, March 9, 2010

our hearing

We had our hearing today.

Here is (some of) what I know:

Court was long, but it went fine. The trial was set for August 2 through 10. We are happy with this news because now, we are seeing some light at the end of this long tunnel. Remember though that this trial is to terminate the parental rights of our birth father, K3. This will enable us to then, pick up with the adoption process, back in NC.

We will both need to be at the trial. God was kind in locating the trial near my sister E and her family.

Neither birth parent came to the hearing. I am pleased with this for a couple of reasons. I know that the judge was not pleased with the birth father’s no – show, especially since transportation is provided for him. Also, maybe this means that our birth mother is OK with her decision after all. I really was not sure if she would show up, and, if she did show up, what her frame of mind would be.

Attorneys were appointed (at court expense) for each of the twins. I’m not sure how this all works. Apparently one of them will be phoning us.

I am supposed to call our CA attorney, J2, tomorrow for more details. She was great today, sending us updates via her iphone. When I got up this morning, it was too late to call her, as she was on her flight back home. (Yes, she is a flight away from where our case is being heard). The time difference can get in the way of timely communication for us, but, I must say, she tries her best for us.

I am on day three of twelve of T being away. So far, so good. Today was an off day for all of us. Now that I think about it…. The timing of this – off day – it makes sense.

We’re in a battle after all.

The enemy is trying to remind me of that.

What he seems to be forgetting is – I’ve got God on my side.

At my side.

He’s got my back.

HE wants these children with us.

And.

We are committed whole heartedly to this fight.

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...