First?
I'm very glad that the election is behind us.
The months and months .... and months of promises, rallies, cheering, slander, lies, and stories full of scandal were getting to be too much, too stressful... and eventually lacking any purpose whatsoever...
Before the election I was scared. We have a lot at stake as a nation.
I'm a Christian.
I'm a military wife.
So...
It's not too shocking to hear that the man I voted for, did not win the election.
So...
Where do I stand now?
Right where I stood before.
I'm a Christian.
I'm a military wife.
Also, I'm an American.
For eight years I listened as people bashed our President. I listened to hateful comments about him and about his character. In fact, many times, I was shocked to hear just how deep that hatred ran.
How is it possible to hate that deeply?
And...
What good did that hatred do? Did it accomplish anything? Solve anything? Make the world a better, happier place? What function did it serve?
As a Christian, I will pray for our President. I will pray that he makes decisions that are wise and well informed.
As a military wife, I will pray for the safety of my husband, our military, and our nation.
As an American, I will respect the office our new President holds. I cannot agree with him on all issues... and I think that is very fair.
I WILL NOT channel my pre-election fears into hatred or negativity. What does hatred and negativity do, other than breed more hatred and more negativity?
I love God, I love my husband, and I love my country.
xo
K
3 comments:
K,
Well Said, I totally agree and I stand with you. God commands us to pray for our leaders so that is
what we will do.
Love
R2
Our sentiments exactly
My first thought to your poignant post?
Well said.
Second?
Amen.
I find hope in your sentiments, and that they are echoed by so many others.
Post a Comment