I have the kindest, most thoughtful, caring, selfless, MOST PERFECT husband.
This morning I asked T if he minded if we ran over to the craft fair at the high school, here on post. My friend M was taking a shift at the bake sale for the baseball team, and I wanted to show her our support.
We went to buy something at the bake sale.
M's delicious lemon cake. A cookie maybe.
We walked around and I saw the most beautiful cabinet.
AND?
It's green. My favorite color.
I fell in love.
We totally can't afford it. We don't charge stuff. If we don't have the money, we don't have the money.
Well....
T's been squirrelling (is that how you spell it???) money away for quite some time. He's been saving for a mountain bike.
You probably know where I'm going with this.
T said we could use his bike money. Just like that. That simple. "You love it" was his reason.
I "heart" my husband!!!!
Here's some shots:
front view

It gets better. The cabinet's front panel turns to open, and there are a ton of beautifully painted shelves inside

and two, cute, little drawers at the bottom

xo
(happy) K.
6 comments:
You're right...it is beautiful and T is wonderful. How sweet was that?!?!
Love the cabinet and the sentiment!
And I've heard that you can't PCS back from Korea or Japan without purchasing many, many pieces of fine furniture. Congratulations on being well on your way!
It's not a romantic kayak paddle but I will admit the guy has potential. I'll tell Doug to give him helpful hints.
I don't know when that cabinet was made -- but it was made for you. Just like Ted was made for you, and you for Ted. :) LU Nikki
That is how you spell squirrelling. ;-)
What a guy!
That just brought tears to my eyes. You two are so good to each other. Maybe there's a way to find the money to get him that bike for Christmas?
~Cat
Post a Comment