Sunday, November 23, 2008

lunch is always an adventure

I had another fabulous lunch w/my (Korean) friend C.

It was pretty much the same deal as before (even though we were at a different restaurant). They bring a bunch of little bowls over...each bowl contains something different from the next. The meal cooks right in front of us, and once it's done, we help ourselves. Afterwards, we added rice, again, and it was FAN-TAS-TIC. Today's meal consisted of octopus and beef and.... a bunch of other stuff. :) Incidentally.... the sissors you see in one of the photos? Those are to cut the food with. You know how there are NEVER KNIVES when you go out for Oriental food? Well.... it's because they don't use them. :) They use sissors.

So, here are some shots:






Shortly after we sat down, the whole restaurant filled up... including those empty chairs you see in one of the photos.... I got a couple of smiles, and a couple of funny looks.... Seeing as I was the only American in the place.

After lunch, I walked home. The temps came back up and it was in the 50's today. Once I got back to post I ran some errands.... Then I ran back OFF post to pay our internet bill. We have a few different gates on post... so here's a couple of shots of the road I walk down (this is off post) to pay the bill....

To the left and to the right. :)




xo
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me eager to live there one day. I'm missing you guys right now. Got a bottle of Shiraz?

~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...