Titles I considered:
"Matt Daaaaaaamon...." in light of Matt Damon's self-professed political acumen and public ridicule of Sarah Palin. I'm really not sure why this guy feels that he is qualified to provide political commentary. Stick to your script Jason Bourne.

or...
"Have you seen my dictator?" because nobody seems to know where Kim Jong Il is. While he's a funny little man with platform shoes and Sally Jesse Raphael glasses, he does have a god-complex and too many bombs at his disposal. Maybe he's dead, maybe he's just sleepy from drinking too much Chivas. The media is speculating and the South Koreans are getting anxious. The good news is that the US and China are getting together to generate plans to cope with his inevitable dirt-nap.

Instead, I'll just thrill you with more of our exploits.
Last night we hopped on the local bus with our friend Christina.
She took us to a "traditional" Korean restaurant where we sat down to a great dinner of local fare. I personally wasn't such a big fan of the "Raw Crab", which was a monster crab soaked in soy sauce and served in the buff. K did enjoy it. Other than that it was a great dinner with tons of different side dishes. Several kinds of kimchee, a couple fish dishes, raw clams, rice (surprise), and lots of other interesting items, some of which defy description. One had tiny dried fish that looked like inch-long barracuda.
Today we said a sad farewell to the hoopdie. We gave gave it to our neighbors and went to get the Subaru from the lot. It's quite a change going back to a car with power steering. It's going to take getting used to, but I've never been so happy to see that car. (Here's a final photo of the hoopdie).
-T
1 comment:
Hasta la vista, hoopdie.
I like real crabmeat but dang if I can bring myself to hack apart the exoskeleton to get at it. I'm such a wuss; I would perish in Seoul or learn to love the NQR Subway I guess.
RE: Matt Damon...eeeeeejit.
RE: Kim Jong Il... okay, is it me or does he TOTALLY look like Junior, the hateful little chicken from the Foghorn Leghorn cartoons? Remember? I'm sending an email to jog the memory.
Post a Comment