Monday, September 8, 2008

ice flakes and waffles

T and I have enjoyed the Korean Ice Flake twice now. I believe I'm getting hooked. I asked our new (Korean) friends H and Y if this was some new, trendy dessert... Nope. Apparently these delicious desserts/snacks have been around for quite sometime. I thought they HAD to be new because.... well, why don't we have these in the states??? They are SO DELICIOUS. There are several different flavors. We've tried coffee and fruit. The coffee one seemed to have chocolate cereal flakes mixed in... maybe like really big Coco Pebbles? Also, sweet, red beans. The fruit ice flake had A TON of fruit in it... kiwi, peaches, bannanas..... so, so very yummy.
Here is a picture of the coffee flake we had a couple of weeks ago......






Here are two more pictures I pulled off of the internet. One is a fruit ice flake, the other is a green tea ice flake.















We haven't gotten one with ice cream on top (like in the green tea ice flake picture). For me that would take away from the experience of enjoying a healthy/guilt free dessert. If I'm going to have ice cream, I'll go have another waffle. Like the one we had the other day. (another picture from the internet.... just to give you an idea).







Sorry these pictures aren't actual photos of what we personally ordered (well, the coffee ice flake is).... It's kind of hard to get (our) photos of food to look nice.

xo
K

2 comments:

Richele said...

OK - so these so remind me (sorta) of the bubble tea in Hawaii. LOVED those. They were more drink-like, than ice cream-like - but they had the bean curd or tapioca on the bottom.

Karyn said...

Oh, I don't know, they look good to me!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...