

Today I went to E-Mart with R2. This is VERY easy to get to .... and ironically... this is the same E-Mart that I ended up at the time J and I went all over creation trying to get to E-Mart/Electronics Mart.. two different places... but we thought they were the same....... Remember that story? Actually, we never went INto E-Mart that day, we took a left instead of a right and ended up somewhere else... ANYWAYyyyyyyyy...
It's very easy to get to and a fun place to go, and I'll be going back many times. I took the "E-Mart" picture off of the internet just so you can see how big it is. That particular E-Mart is in a different location than the one I was at today. The other photo with the tall buildings in the distance is one that I took standing on the stairs of E-Mart, looking out into the city.
E-Mart is compared to Wal-Mart and Target... it's not really like either because it is so big... and it's much nicer. The similarities are that the places all sell food, produce, clothing, shoes, make-up, etc... etc.... E-Mart is way cooler. I picked up some yummy looking cookies, some gum, and something that I think I sampled at a different store one day. If it's the same thing then, it's a coffee mix that you add to milk. Everything on the package is in Korean, but, I think I can figure it out by looking at the pictures.. :) If it IS the same thing I tried, it tasted like a really great iced latte type of thing. We shall see.....
I'm really excited that there is so much that is walking distance from our house. We drove to the post gate and parked, then walked out today... but, on days that I don't have a vehicle, it would be a nice walk. Kind of long, but, good exercise, right?
R2 helped me to navigate my first Korean food court experience and we had a really great lunch. Here in Korea, what you do is, go up to the wall of "fake food" that is displayed, and make your decision. Each fake food thing has a number. So you go up to the cashier, say your number (or point to it if you don't speak Korean) and pay. You then get a ticket. Then you match your symbols (which are techinically Korean words) to the symbols on the food counters. You walk over to the counter that is making your food and wait until your number appears. Then you pick up your tray and find a seat. They also have little water machines here. They have a cabinet for the mini glasses, so you grab a glass and go to the water cooler. (Kelly, you'd love that! No germs there!) :) For $6.00 I had a huge plate of bulgogi (beef), rice, veggies, and a bowl of soup. There was a bowl of something else, but, I didn't try it. R2 tried it and didn't like it, so I didn't bother trying. :)
I am really loving the fact that even the simplest of things feel like a big adventure here.
The picture at the bottom of this post is from Saturday... That's a little alley in Songtan. (I forgot to post it yesterday).
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment